Politics Governor Shetimma now a Sad Man because of Boko Haram

A

abujagirl

Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno state said that the Boko Haram terrorist group have turned him to a sad man since he assumed office three years ago.

Speaking during the inauguration of 22 units of model housing for the people of Maffa, in the outskirts of Maiduguri, Shettima said he had only been smiling in pretense, as from within, he had been so sad.

"If I have to open up to all of you here; most of the time, I try to wear smiles on my face but in the true sense, I have had very few moments of inner joy and happiness in the last three years.

"One of the few moments of my inner joy, like I said earlier, is our gathering here to formally launch the Borno State Stalk Houses Eradication Programme, which is an ambitious scheme that is targeted at gradually eliminating stalk houses in different parts of Borno State and replacing them with model houses, at no cost to the beneficiaries.

"Today is one of the few moments of my life since I became the governor of Borno State nearly three years ago, that I could say to be truly happy. You all know the traumatic experiences we have been facing as a state since 2009. You will recall that in 2011, we took over the administration of the state and continued to manage the unfortunate insurgency that brought very tragic and unforgettable experiences to our beloved heritage, Borno", Shettima concluded.

kashim shettima1.jpg

Back