• FOR SALE: One bedroom executive flat, Lagos, Nigeria | Get details]

Metro Grandma Breaks 4-year-old Girl’s Arm, Leg For Urinating on Prayer Mat


Social Member
✅ NEW - car park, swimming pool, 24 hours light/security and more.
A grandmother, identified simply as Ayinke, aka Iya Adijat has brutalised a 4-year-old girl named Risikat Fayomi for urinating on her prayer mat.

prayer mat.PNG

The incident happened on Canaan Land Estate in the Matogun area of Ogun State.

The four-year-old victim had been locked up in a room when a passerby heard her groaning with pain.

Punch reports that efforts by residents, who besieged the house, to gain entrance were futile, as the doors and windows were locked.

It took the intervention of policemen from the Ajuwon division before the doors could be broken and the victim rescued.

She was said to have been rushed to Tamara Medical Centre, a private facility on Ajuwon Road, in the Akute area.

Punch correspondent learnt that nurses and doctors at the hospital battled for three days to save Risikat’s life as she had been incapacitated by the torture.

A community leader, Adewunmi Oyebode, explained that Risikat had been beaten for allegedly urinating on a prayer mat.

He said, “The girl is not staying with her parents. Her mother abandoned her with the father when she was barely one year old. Since the girl’s father did not have a stable job, he in turn took her to the grandfather.

“The young man’s mother is dead and his father has a second wife, who we all call Iya Adijat (Ayinke). Iya Adijat is her step grandmother. The woman had been maltreating her.

“Whenever she went for Arabic class and they close at 6pm, she would not want to return home. If you tell her to go home, she would start crying.

“I learnt that the step grandmother had instructed that whenever they were observing the Islamic prayers, nobody should leave the prayer mat.

“So, the girl became pressed and since she could not leave the mat, she urinated on the mat. After the prayer, she descended on her.”

Oyebode said Ayinke, who is about 47-year-old, later put Risikat in a room and locked her inside.

He explained that a herbalist, who lived close to the house, heard the groan of the victim and raised the alarm.

A doctor at the hospital, who did not want to be identified, said Risikat had been singing the song since she regained her strength.

He said, “She was brought here by the police and people of the community. Then, she was in serious pains and could not walk or talk. Her back, hands and legs were swollen.

“We commenced treatment immediately and after an X-ray, we discovered that she had fractures. It took three days to get the pains to subside. Despite that, she still feels a lot of pain when you touch the arm and leg.