World Grieving Husband Sleeps With Dead Wife's Corpse for 6 Days

L

LequteMan

Leasing agent Russell Davison believes death is not a thing to be feared. According to him, staying close to one's dead ones is nothing to be scared of. That's why he preserved his wife, Wendy's remains and slept next to her for 6 days after she died at their home in Derby, England, following a 10-year battle with cervical cancer.

Russell said he washed and dressed Wendy’s body and placed it in a coffin – which he called a “cocoon” – in their bedroom.

“I did not want her in the mortuary or handed over to a funeral director, I wanted us to take care of her ourselves at our family home, and have her in our bedroom so I could sleep in the same room," he said.

He added that keeping Wendy at home was like “an emotional decompression chamber,” which helped the family come to terms with her death while she was still there.

50 year-old Wendy was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 2006 – just after the couple’s joint 40th birthday – and was told three years ago she had six months to live. However, she ignored chemotherapy and radiotherapy and embraced “natural health,” Russell said.

The couple bought a caravan and traveled around Europe, but in September last year returned to Britain when Wendy’s pain became unbearable.

She died on the 21st of April.

Attachments

• mortuary.jpg
    mortuary.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 21
Back