Politics Guardian Newspaper Apologizes For Buhari's Fake London Picture

A

abujagirl

The Guardian newspaper has apologized for circulating a fake London picture of Muhammadu Buhari, presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

See Apology below:

guardian.jpg

See Fake London picture;

fake london picture.jpg

I am confused. Was this issue caused by the Guardian wrongly captioning an image or did the APC PR machine release the image.

If they did not release the image why did they not quash the rumours. They have made lots of their supporters look pretty silly especially when defending the issue.

If they tried to pass this off as a London interview then this is not progress.

[USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP]

Maybe the APC PR have mediocrity in their blood, like most Nigerian things. Or maybe they're lackadaisical and unperturbed about the issue.

The picture was released by the APC media office; for some reasons, Guardian is taking the fall for them

Maybe the APC PR have mediocrity in their blood, like most Nigerian things. Or maybe they're lackadaisical and unperturbed about the issue.

I just think the external PR consultants were engaged for the 14 Feb date and it has now come in house. Really cannot explain how the wheels have come off such a professional operation so quickly after the postponement of the elections were announced. All momentum seems to have been lost.

This is like gold on the platter for PDP and Fayose. Today is going to be very interesting. Twitter is gonn b veeery abuzzz

I just think the external PR consultants were engaged for the 14 Feb date and it has now come in house. Really cannot explain how the wheels have come off such a professional operation so quickly after the postponement of the elections were announced. All momentum seems to have been lost.

True that @bolded

Maybe APC is just infusing chakra at the moment, I don't think they'll go down without a big fight. They've waited years for this.

They probably have something up their sleeve, they've been attacking PDP less of late.

Well it appears APC supporters are blaming the whole thing on the Guardian rather than the APC PR machine... I ask again, did this image come from APC or the Guardian wrongly captioned the picture in a news article or used and old picture they had in their archive. Strangely, the interview was with the same person so looking like it might have come from APC after all unless this lady has been lucky enough to sit for two interviews with Buhari.

Back