Politics Hadiza Bala Usman: 7 Important Things to Know About New NPA Boss

L

LequteMan

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Hadiza Bala Usman as the new Managing Director of the Nigerian Ports Authority, NPA.

Here are 7 top things to know about her.

• Ms. Hadiza Bala Usman born on January 2, 1976 in Zaria, Kaduna State. She is 40 years old.
  • She is married to Dr. Tanimu Yakubu, former Chief Economic Adviser to the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, and they have two sons.
  • She holds a B.Sc. Degree in Business Administration from the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria and a Post Graduate in Development Studies from the University of Leeds, United Kingdom in 2009.
  • She was hired by the UNDP for FCT from October 2004 to January 2008 as a Special Assistant to the Minister on Project Implementation.
  • She worked at the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) from July 2000- August 2004 as an Enterprise Officer.
  • From July 2015, Ms Hadiza Bala Usman was appointed as Chief of Staff to the Governor of Kaduna State, a position she held until her present appointment.
  • She is the founder of the Bring Back Our Girls Campaign.

Attachments

• Hadiza-BringBackOurGirls.jpg
    Hadiza-BringBackOurGirls.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 61
I agree with @Jules. No experience whatsoever. Maybe an Assistant position would have been okay. To think that the NPA is a very crucial organisation in Nigeria.

Please what's the qualification needed to head parastatal like NPA.... especially a political appointment as it is.?

Pls educate poor me
Free education has never been my thing but i'll help by giving you a little homework.

1. Find out what it takes to get a job at NPA
2. Find out how many exams you need to move from one level to the other
3. Find out the courses one must take become getting into executive level
4. Find out how many years it takes to become an executive at NPA

Free education has never been my thing but i'll help by giving you a little homework.

@RemmyAlex Just do a change of name to either Bala, Usman or anything related to that. Be an ardent critic of the previous administration and never hide your hatred of it. Blow the trumpet of the present administration to high heavens. Then you might just be lucky :D

With these 'questionairian' analysis of yours, then you need to read more about being a political appointee and a career officer. You can find Google to do demarcation for you and understands how governance works. :) all best!

With these 'questionairian' analysis of yours, then you need to read more about being a political appointee and a career officer. You can find Google to do demarcation for you and understands how governance works. :) all best!
Oga Read up, don't try to form smart ..... check previous comments - ''Jonathan did it doesn't make it right'' and try to decipher motive.

Oga Read up, don't try to form smart ..... check previous comments - ''Jonathan did it doesn't make it right'' and try to decipher motive.
LOL... I asked... 'what's the qualification needed for a position to head NPA, political-wise?. No smartness, just needed a basic argument on why Buhari can't appoint her or mistake Buhari made appointing her.

LOL... I asked... 'what's the qualification needed for a position to head NPA, political-wise?. No smartness, just needed a basic argument on why Buhari can't appoint her or mistake Buhari made appointing her.
You introduced the term 'political-wise' to the argument. MD of NPA wasn't created to be a political position. It's a career position

You introduced the term 'political-wise' to the argument. MD of NPA wasn't created to be a political position. It's a career position

Just as we must argue, I think we also need to be talking from an informed mind. I know little if not much about NPA and its basic analysis and I know the Presidency is empowered to APPOINT the MANAGING DIRECTOR for the organization. You can do yourself a favour by finding same answers to the questions you dropped earlier by educating your mind.

In case you might have forgotten, Here are the questions again:

"Free education has never been my thing but i'll help by giving you a little homework.

4. Find out how many years it takes to become an executive at NPA".

All the best again Madam Juliana!

Back