Sports Have belief in the Super Eagles -Stephen Keshi

rsz_keshi_1 (1).jpg
Coach Stephen Keshi has called for Nigerians to have belief in the Super Eagles team as they aim to do well at the 2014 World FIFA World Cup tournament.

Nigeria on Saturday beat Bosnia 1-0 and are in good stead to qualify for the round 16 of the tournament.

A solitary strike from Osaze Odemwingie made all the difference for Nigeria as they secured all three points .

"The fighting spirit in the team showed as we had to do exactly what we needed to do. Many people wouldn’t realise that and how it affects performance but I really felt the heat on the sideline and so I could imagine how tough it was for the players."

"There are a lot of things to be corrected and we will work on that before the next game."

But Keshi while speaking to The Punch newspaper,said that he never had fears that they would defeat Bosnia.

"No, I never had that fear. I had always believed we would get there; I had no doubt. But it happens in Africa as nobody ever gives us a chance. Remember I took rookies to South Africa and a similar thing happened. We started like this. Playing a goalless draw with Iran was one the greatest problem we had but we have seen the same Iran today against Argentina. If it was not for (Lionel) Messi the game would have ended in a draw.

"So there was never a time I thought we wouldn’t make it – as long as the players are ready to work with us. So they worked hard and here we are with a win."

Nigeria will next play against Argentina on Wednesday,with the Super Eagles needing just a point to go through.

Back