Politics Hon. Abdulmumin Takes Responsibility for 2016 Budget Scandal

L

LequteMan

Honourable Jibrin Abdulmulmin, the former Chairman of Reps' Appropriation Committee, has taken responsibility for padding of the 2016 budget.

Hon. Jibrin was sacked as Chairman of the committee yesterday by Speaker Yakubu Dogara.

Speaking afterwards, he said he resigned and although he accepts responsibility for the budget, he he isn't at fault for the controversies that followed the budget's passage.

“There is no way an individual can write the whole budget of the country. It was collective work and a circle. The records are there. Internally, I have tried to explain this, but we are in a political atmosphere and people can say what they want to say.

“I said I have taken responsibility for everything that happened even though I know that I was not at fault. I am happy that I am leaving without any blemish,” he said, adding that he had no regrets serving as the committee’s chairman.

“I would not shy away from the fact that there are a lot of issues in the House, and some of them I will share in due course… I was not forced to resign. I resigned of my own volition.

“But if anybody says I was forced to resign, then he has the responsibility to say why. If anybody has anything against me as chair of appropriation, let him tell me. I committed no fault, I committed no offence; I am sure Mr. Speaker himself was surprised when I told him (of my intention to resign),” the lawmaker said.

ThisDay

Attachments

• Jibrin-Abdulmumim-696x522.jpg
    Jibrin-Abdulmumim-696x522.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 18
Back