Politics How Buhari 'Responded' To Atiku's Grievance At APC NEC Meeting

P

ProfRem

President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday responded to grievances from supporters and leaders of the All Progressives Congress, APC, during the party's NEC meeting in Abuja.

The former Vice President, Atiku baubakar is part of those that have complained about government sidelining him against the run of play in the Buhari's government

Nigerian Bulletin
recall that in an interview on the Hausa Service of the Voice of America, VOA, APC Chieftain, Atku Abubakar had said that he been side-lined despite his efforts in making sure that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, was defeated in 2015.

He spoke from Yola in Adamawa State where he had celebrated the Eid-el- Kabir festival, that “Honestly speaking, I’m still a member of the APC; I was part of all the processes, including campaigns until success was achieved.”

“But sadly, soon after the formation of government; I was side-lined, I have no any relationship with the government, I’ve not been contacted even once to comment on anything and in turn, I maintained my distance. They used our money and influence to get to where they are but three years down the lane, this is where we are.”

atiku Buhari.JPG

But the President in his statement while addressing the executives of the party apologised for failing to reconstitute the Boards of Parastatals despite promising to do so last year.

He said: “regarding concerns about the representation of our supporters in the Federal Government, rest assured that this is also being looked into”

“I know that our supporters are also very eager for these Board appointments to be announced. By God's grace they will be announced soon.

Mr. Buhari also said his government will expand the Federal Executive Council to bring in more people and fresh ideas, for the ultimate benefit of the people of Nigeria.

Source: Nigerian Bulletin

Back