Politics How Fayose Clashed With Obanikoro Over Missing Arms Deal Money - Tope Aluko

L

LequteMan

Ex PDP Chairman, Mr. Temitope Aluko on Tuesday claimed that Governor Ayodele Fayose clashed with ex Defense Minister, Musiliu Obanikoro, over some N80m missing from the arms deal money he got from the ex minister.

“The Presidency gave us security and money, the money was sent from a Diamond Bank branch through an account run by Sylvan MacNamara, a company owned by Obanikoro," Mr. Aluko said in an interview on 88.9 Adaba FM.

“My boss (Fayose) said he wanted to get his own in cash and that was why arrangement was made to get his own in cash and that was why such a huge amount (N2.1 billion) was ferried by plane. Obanikoro cannot claim not to have brought the money.

“He (Fayose) chose his man, Abiodun Agbele, to keep the money in a Zenith Bank account and the money was lodged at Zenith Bank, Alagbaka Branch in Akure. The transaction was not recorded and it got to a stage when it was discovered that the money was short by N80 million.

“This caused a crisis between Fayose and Obanikoro who brought money thrice from Abuja. He (Obanikoro) brought other things apart from money which I won’t disclose now and it was from it that N1 billion was released to INEC officials to manipulate Ekiti and Osun polls.

"All the PDP elders were kept out of picture on the transactions and cash and some of the cash deployed did not get to their destinations.

“The cash carried on the plane was not entered into the plane manifest, the N2.1 billion was delivered to a bank at 4:30am in Ekiti. The N2.3 billion remaining from the total cash received for the election was used to buy house in Abuja and the house belongs to Fayose.

“Fayose purchased five houses in Victoria Island and Banana Island. The property in Dubai was purchased by a fellow who is known as Bisi in Ekiti but is known as Femi abroad. Questions are being asked on the N3 billion used to purchase the Dubai property but I strongly believe that we will recover our money.”

Attachments

• fayose and obanikoro.jpg
    fayose and obanikoro.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 17
Back