General Health How widespread is sexual assault and rape in Nigeria?

wazobiaplus

Administrator
In recent years the lid has been blown off the endemic sexual abuse of women and girls in Nigeria. The pattern is always the same; a man in a dominant position (Pastor, Teacher, Lecturer, Husband, Boss), uses that power to destroy the lives of those in their charge. A situation is made worse by the wall of silence that is encouraged by society.

abuse12.jpg

It would be a mistake to make this just about COZA or pastors. The corporate world, government, education and all sections of our society have the same deep-rooted issues.

Ask any woman in Nigeria about their experiences, and we start to understand the challenge ahead of us.

We have a problem. It is time to listen to the stories and believe. If the catholic church had listened, many children would have been spared from the evil predatory hands of unholy men.

Time to stop the men of god, the demi-god lecturers, the paedophile teachers, the abusive husbands, the impotent gangsters, the misguided client, the lecherous bosses and all other preditors in Nigeria.

----------
IMPORTANT:

Video: Busola VS. Pastor Fatoyinbo: Three Lessons To Learn Regardless Of Your Stand

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy I was given this opportunity to air my view, though this is coming late from me.i think sexual assualt and rape has been widespread in Nigeria.
683,ooo forcible rape occur every year which equals 56,915 per month,1,871 per day and 1.3 per minute.This does not just happen in Nigeria of course, but the whole world in general. I'm a sixteen years old girl and I've been sexually molested when I was little by both my teacher and mallam(an Islamic title given to Muslim men who teach) I never told my mom about it because I was scared, I still am.
I'm also scared that so many children out there are experiencing this, maybe worse and it annoys me.
I did the little a sixteen year old could do, I made an awareness picture against rape.
You see, rape is one of the most terrible crimes on Earth, and it happens every few minutes.
The problem with groups who deal with rape is that they try to educate women how to defend themselves.
What really needs to be done is teaching men not to rape.
I hope we can bring an end to rape, I hope men will someday learn how to control themselves

Back