Metro Human Rights Lawyer Kidnapped in Edo

Sandra Chiefe

Michael Ozekhome (SAN), the human rights lawyer and social critic has been confirmed kidnapped along the Benin-Auchi motorway in Edo State. The development was confirmed by the President of the Public Interest Lawyers League (PILL), Barrister Abdul Mahmud.

There has been no confirmation by the Edo State Police Command of the victim’s whereabouts, or that if the driver who was also kidnapped with him.

The President of PILL described the kidnapping as “tragic” and “unheard of” that such a man with so many contributions to the public and constitutional laws of Nigeria would be taken captive, and called upon the kidnappers, whoever they are, to release Ozekhome.

Ozekhome campaigned against military rule in Nigeria and is well known for canvassing the welfare of Nigeria’s poor.
human%20rights%20images.jpg

Prolly the handiwork of MEND......or other businessmen. :D:D:D
Buh on a serious note, I do hope he is returned back to his family and colleagues safe and sound. (after serious bargaining, I suppose :D:D:D)

Yes, I hope so too. But with or without bargaining, we should realise that this is our new "normal", our reality so to speak. They should kidnap OBJ and let's see what'll happen!

Back