Politics Hunger Turns Stranded Boko Haram Members to Cannibals

L

LequteMan

Dozens of suspected Boko Haram militants in Magumeri forest, located about 150 kilometres from Maiduguri, Borno, have turned to human eaters after being stranded for days without food or water.

The group had been in the forest since May, after being ousted from Marte by the Joint Task Force after the declaration of a state of emergency in Borno. They had lost contact with the sect leader Shekau due to the closure of GSM services by the Defence Headquarters.

A suspected member of the militant group, Mallam Momodu Bukar, was apprehended by a youth vigilante group known as the civilian JTF yesterday.

Today, Bukar told newsmen that he fled the camp at the forest on Thursday when it became obvious that he was going to be eaten.

“I thank God that I escaped because I would have been slaughtered by now to provide meal for my colleagues at the camp,” Bukar said.

“Our group, consisting of about 300 well armed combatants, headed for Magumeri on the orders of the sect leader, Abubakar Shekau, shortly before the military took over Marte Camp.”

“We have been wandering in the forest. We+ have exhausted our food and water supply, and so, everybody became hungry,”

“It all started last Monday when three of the combatants in camp died of acute hunger, and it became obvious that all of us will die if action was not taken.”

“The leader of the group, Abu Omar, directed that a non combatant member be slaughtered to provide meal for the rest.”

“The meat provided meal for the combatant for just two days and another person was killed in the same manner on Wednesday”.

“So, it became certain that I might be the next person since I am also a non combatant member.”

“I left the camp on Thursday evening after agreeing to fetch water from the village.”

“After leaving the camp, I started running until I arrived at Magumeri town, so, I slept in the motor park before boarding a vehicle to Maiduguri with the little money on me.” he said.

He said he was apprehended on arrival at the park.

An official of the vigilante group, Mallam Ajid Asheik, said the suspect would be handed to the Joint Task Force (JTF) on Operation Restore Order (ORO) for investigation.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 16
You like your thumbnails, Lequte. I opened this news item to see the picture again, and look. A tiny, tiny, thumbnail.

LOL. No love for the non combantant boko haram members. They're like the excess cargo when the family hits troubled waters. Eeyah.

You like your thumbnails, Lequte. I opened this news item to see the picture again, and look. A tiny, tiny, thumbnail.

LOL. No love for the non combantant boko haram members. They're like the excess cargo when the family hits troubled waters. Eeyah.
I'm sorry bro, buh reporters were not able to get mug shots of the group having roasted laps and steamed tongue for breakfast.
That thumbnail was just to get a picture of the situation.

The guy that escaped obvviuosly wasn't committed to the cause as he should have been. Why not get eaten for Allah?

And what's up with the JTF? Shouldn't they have tracked down the 300 people the suspects claimed were stranded in the bush by now? Or did they all engulf each other leaving one supreme cannibal leader?

Gosh, this man has eaten and is full and now he doesn't want to get eaten. SHARP Guy. i'm envisioning a nollywood movie from this story " Momodu Bukar and the Cannibals"

Back