I am ‘clean’ from drugs – Usain Bolt

C

Chris Maduewesi

World Athletics record holder,Usain Bolt,has claimed that he is clean from any drugs,following the spate of drug cheating that have ravaged the sport.
Weeks back some high-profile athletes,tested positive to banned substances,with Tyson Gay and Asafa Powell,the notable names,who failed their tests.
But Bolt,who is the reigning Olympic champion,having won all back to back titles in the 100m and 200m events at the Olympics in 2008 and 2012,said that he is “clean”
“I’m clean,” declared the six-time Olympic champion.
“But you have to be very careful as an athlete because right now there are a lot of things on the banned list,” Bolt added.
”You have to keep up to date with this kind of thing. It’s kind of hard, but that’s why you have a team to make sure,” the Jamaican added.
“I get tested all the while. I got tested the day before yesterday. It’s just part of the routine. “
But Bolt refused to criticise his fellow Jamaican athletes,with five of them testing positive to drugs,and he revealed that he has spoken to Powell,whom he won the 4x100m gold medal with at the Olympics.
“I didn’t want to bombard him(Powell) with questions,” said Bolt.
“I told him, ‘Sorry to hear what was going on,” adding that Powell said “Yes, it’s kind of rough, it’s hard.”
Bolt further stated that he will not dwell much on the scandal that rocked Athletics,adding that he is focussing on the World Championship,coming up next month in Russia.
“It’s going to set athletics back a little bit, but as a person I can’t really focus on this,” added Bolt.
“I still have the World Championships, everyone is stepping up their game, so I have to really focus on that.”
“I am just trying to work hard, run fast and hopefully help people forget what has happened and just move on,” Bolt said.

Continue reading...

Back