Politics I am a Lion,I Tame Leopards - AIG Mbu Replies Amaechi

A

abujagirl

An Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Joseph Mbu, has described himself as a lion who can tame leopards.

Mbu's comment is viewed as a subtle response to an earlier one by the Rivers state Governor, Rotimi Amaechi in which he accused Mbu of almost destroying the Rivers state economy during his time as commissioner of police in the state.

Addressing Mr Wilson Inalegu, the new Commissioner of Police in the FCT, Mbu described himself as a Lion who tamed every Leopard that had cross his way.

"It is only lion that can tame leopard. Each time the leopard remembers my face, it makes noise, but if it knows I am around, it cannot make noise. A lion is a lion,’’ he said.

Mbu, who is now the AIG Zone 7, further advised the incoming commissioner to act like father to the officers and men of the FCT command but should not exhibit sentiments.

"You are the father of the command. Do not apply sentiments when doing police work because when you do that, you will fail,’’ he said.

According to him, what the force need is a strong leader who leads by example. He said that discipline among the personnel should be taken seriously.

Responding, Inalegu pledged to sustain the standard set by Mbu, but stressed that the command would be civil in dealing with the public.

Inalegu said that it was necessary to keep to best practices as the FCT was the convergence centre for Nigerians and foreigners alike.

#Mbu #Amaechi #Rivers

joseph mbu.jpg

Back