Metro I Am Going Back To Fight Boko Haram After My Treatment - Wounded Soldier Insists

M

mrsam

Private Samuel Ernest, who is recuperating from an injury at the 7 Division Medical Services and Hospital, Maiduguri, says he go back to the frontline to continue the fight against the terrorists.

“After my treatment, if I am fit enough, I will go back to the bush — frontline, in order to continue the operation against the Boko Haram terrorists.

“I am feeling better now, I can now use crutches and put my feet down,’’ Ernest told journalists at a get-together organised for wounded soldiers to celebrate the Eid-el-Kabir.

He said he was proud of Chief of Army Staff Tukur Buratai and the army high command that identified with the injured during the occasion.

“I feel happy celebrating the Sallah, the chief of army staff came to the hospital to see how we are faring and how we are being taken care of,’’ Ernest, who sustained injury six months ago said.

Similarly, Private Titus Okon, who is also recuperating from injury on one of his laps after he was shot by the terrorists on May 21, expressed gratitude to God that he was getting better.

“I am strong enough, I am very grateful to the chief of army staff who is here to celebrate with us,’’ he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the soldiers later took to the dancing floor to celebrate the occasion.

This was after the representative of the chief of army staff, Maj.-Gen. David Ahmadu, Chief of Training and Operations, assured them that the army was committed to their welfare.

NAN

Attachments

• IMG_20170903_143424.JPG
    IMG_20170903_143424.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 21
Back