Sports I am not bothered about my future with the Super Eagles - Stephen Keshi

Stephen Keshi is not concerned by talks that he may no longer be managing the Super Eagles after the 2015 Nations Cup qualifiers against Sudan.

Keshi is currently working on an interim capacity and is yet to be offered a substantive deal by the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) to continue coaching the national team.

Nigeria will host Sudan next week and then travel to Omdurman for the return fixture,and Keshi has revealed that his attention is fixed on doing well in those matches.

The 52-year old noted that he is still working with the Super Eagles based on the temporal arrangement he had with Sports Ministry.

"I'm still working based on the previous arrangement agreed with the Sports Minister Tamuno Danagogo," Keshi told BBC Sport.

"I've not heard from the new NFF board because elections only happened on Tuesday so it is not a problem.

"My immediate focus is on the important matches against Sudan this month because it is very crucial for us to win both games."

On Tuesday,a new executive board of the NFF was elected with Amaju Pinnick emerging as the president of the football body.

And there are fears that Keshi might be shown the exit door after the games against Sudan.

"I have named a squad strong enough for these games and the plan is to get the players together early enough to prepare," said Keshi.

"We can't bother ourselves with the speculations in the media. When you take care of business on the pitch then other things will be secondary."

rsz_keshi_1 (1).jpg

Back