Politics I Am Number One Causality Of Boko Haram, Sheriff Speaks Over Sambisa Forest Capture

P

ProfRem

The factional National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ali Modu Sheriff on Thursday hailed the Nigerian Military for clearing the dreaded Sambisa forest harbouring the Boko haram insurgents in Borno State.

Sheriff who made the remark during his working visit to Makurdi in Benue State also expressed gratitude that the dismantling of the sect from the forest was a vindication that he does not have any link with the terrorist group as insinuated by his perceived political opponents.

AliModuS.jpg

“The military have cleared Sambisa forest and I want to thank them. I'm the number one causality of Boko haram. I have lost very close relatives which included; my cousins, my candidate and others were all killed by Boko haram.

“Those of us who are from Borno State knows what we have suffered in the hands of the sect. The irony of it all is that those who feared my political career turned around to say that I created Boko haram but God has vindicated me'" he said.

Back