Politics 'I Am Thinking Of Exposing Corrupt Govt Officials' – Taraba Governor Confesses

P

PressRoom

Taraba State governor, Mr Darius Ishaku yesterday said that his administration will deal with corrupt officials that have been stealing government funds from the state’s coffers.

Ishaku spoke to journalists in Government House after his broadcast marking Democracy Day.

Gov-Darius-Ishaku-of-Taraba.jpg
He said since assumption of office, his administration has blocked avenues through which government officials had been looting the state.

“As I speak to you, I am thinking of exposing those government officials that has been stealing public funds. Right from the day I assumed office, my administration has made concerted effort and blocked all avenues government officials have been looting the state. And equally, I have been able to save up to N100million to the state government account and the IGR has greatly improved within this one year in office,” he added.

He informed that his government is working out mode modalities to ensure a paradigm shift from crude oil revenue to agricultural driven revenue.

“If attention is given to agriculture, the state will generate more revenue than what we are getting at the moment,” he stressed.

Source: Leadership

Back