Politics I Consulted Before Defecting to APC, "Disobedient" DPP Lawmaker Speaks Out

L

LequteMan

A member of the House of Representatives, Suleiman Kwande, who had on Wednesday, Jan 22, announced his defection from DPP to APC supposedly against orders has spoken up for himself.

Speaking with newsmen Friday in Abuja, Kwande said that the National Chairman of the Democratic People's Party (DPP), retired Lt-Gen. Jeremiah Useni’s letter alleging that he took a unilatral decision to defect to APC was wrong.

“I consulted with my constituents, elders and biological father and they all advised me to move to the APC.

"I moved when my conscience told me to move," he said.

"The irony is that I was actually in the ACN before the 2011 elections, two weeks before the election, I got muscled up and I defected to the DPP.

"I am in APC now; my mind has always been there, it is not new.

“I am comfortable with where I am mad my people are comfortable with where I am,"he said.

"My decision was based on my conviction. I obviously didn't just jump into APC without consulting the people in my constituency.

"I am not going to join issues with him, but I think that the letter was in bad taste.

"For him to say that he directed me to move to the PDP and I moved to APC, I am not a major or captain that will be directed to do something, "he said.

dpp.jpg

Back