Politics I Did Not Attack President Buhari – Emir Sanusi

P

ProfRem

The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi, has denied quotes attributed to him on some social media platforms, which denounce President Muhamadu Buhari’s government and All Progressives Congress as failures.

Mr. Sanusi said the said quotes “were fabricated and attributed to me to create misunderstanding and disharmony between myself and the President”, according to message obtained by PremiumTimes on Thursday morning.

“My attention has been drawn to a set of quotes attributed to me attacking the government of General Buhari and his party and praising opposition party, I do not know who is behind these quotes,” the monarch said.

SanusiBuhari.JPG

“But they seem to be part of a new and insidious strategy where quotes are attributed to individuals in order to mischievously score cheap political points and plant disaffection between persons.

“These so-called reports never state exactly where my statements were made and in what forum or in whose presence, nor do the faceless cowards behind them have the courage to write their names.”

Mr. Sanusi said while be believed that “all intelligent and well-meaning Nigerians” could immediately discern that the quotes were maliciously fabricated, “it is only proper if I formally disassociate myself from them”.

Back