Sports I don't know about Nigeria but we will qualify for the Nations Cup- Congo coach LeRoy

Claude LeRoy is confident that they will qualify for the 2015 African Cup of Nations in Morocco having made a good start to the qualifiers.

Congo top group A,winning their first two games against Nigeria and Sudan which has put them on top of the qualifiers,with Nigeria likely to suffer if the qualifiers ends this way.

South Africa occupy second spot with four points and Nigeria are third with just a point.

Le Roy believes that they are now in control of their destiny to qualify for the Nations Cup.

“Our objective when we started this campaign was to qualify and after picking six points from two matches, I think that we are on the path to realising our mission.

“And more importantly, I think we are in control of our destiny, which is a big thing considering that we are in the same group with the African champions. We have started well and hope to sustain this high tempo and qualify for the tournament in Morocco”, Le Roy told Radio France International.

The former Ghana coach hinged on their efforts to secure all three points away from home in the game against Nigeria.

“The victory against Nigeria was very significant as it provided us the opportunity to get three vital points, which in the long run, will make our qualification possible as I do not see how the Nigerians can catch us again.

“I am not being too over-confident but I feel satisfied with what the boys have done so far and hope to continue on this winning path when we confront South Africa”, said Le Roy.

Le Roy.jpg

Back