I missed my top players – Keshi

C

Chris Maduewesi

Despite comfortably defeating South Africa 2-0 in Durban on Wednesday, Super Eagles coach,Stephen Keshi has revealed that he missed some of his key players.
VVV Venlo striker,Uche Nwofor grabbed both goals as Nigeria extended their impressive winning streak against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa.
Several players pulled out of the tie owing to injuries and various commitments with their clubs.
“I missed Mikel, Emenike and Kenneth Omeruo and numerous other players, and my players missed them too. The good thing is that we are not building the team around individual players, we are rather working as a unit,” Keshi said at a press conference after the game.
“Our team has been evolving for a while. We played with a couple of players who haven’t been with the team for a while like, Victor Obinna Nsofor and Shola Ameobi who didn’t quite get into our movements off the ball and on the ball but will be gradually re-integrated as we go on.”
“Bafana were expecting them in the first half, so I kept them to see how they measured up. They are not here to eat, so I had to put Uche (Nwofor) along with Moses and Musa and they delivered,” Keshi added.

Continue reading...

Back