Politics I Never Dressed Like a Woman, Obasanjo And Ribadu Framed Me - Alamieyeseigha

A

abujagirl

Former Governor of Bayelsa state, Chief Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamieyeseigha, in an interview with Vanguard said that he never returned to Nigeria dressed as a woman, that it was all blackmail.

When asked about the pictures that circulated round the media that he came back home disguised as a woman, Alamieyeseigha said, "that is a lie. Governor-General cannot and will never disguise as a woman to come back to my own country". When pressed to say who cooked up the lie he replied, "Just wait for my book. Who brought me back to Nigeria. Did I have wings to fly. They know it, how I came to Nigeria. They know. But it is unfortunate that people are suppressing the truth. They drew a woman, and put Egele ( traditional pot), computer graphics on me and they did not deny. Under it, they said, it as graphics. People were not reading the footnote. They wanted to sell their paper".

The former Governor and Ijaw chieftain also spoke on how he was blackmailed by Nuhu Ribadu, former chairman of the Economic Crimes Commission. Alamieyeseigha claimed that Ribadu forged a letter that got him deported from Dubia. According to him, "Atiku Abubakar, Vice President; Orji Kalu, governor Abia; James Ibori, Delta; Lucky Igbenedion, Edo; and Bafarawa, Sokoto, visited me in Dubai when I was in the hospital. I have just done angiography. So I had iron in my groin. I couldn’t even walk.

"When they left, Nuhu Ribadu, the former EFCC chairman went to Dubai, generated a letter purported to have come from Dubai government that I am declared persona non grata. That I was planning to overthrow the government of Nigeria from Dubai. I was in the hospital. They now sent security men from here to go and whisk me away from Dubai and bring me to Nigeria under that condition I was".

Alamieyeseigha fingered former president Olusegun Obasanjo as the brain behind all his travails though he added that he had forgiven the former President. "I have pardoned him for the simple reason that Goodluck Jonathan is the president of Nigeria. I have forgiven him. Everything. I know more but I don’t want to go to the public domain yet. When I decide to write my book, it is going to make an interesting reading because most people don’t know that man called Obasanjo. I know him".

Speaking on the controversial presidential pardon granted to him by President Goodluck Jonathan, Alamieyeseigha claimed that it all started with late President Musa Yar'Adua. He said that the pardon was in exchange for his services in ending the Niger Delta crisis.

"President Jonathan did not just come out to grant me pardon. Of course, if President Jonathan did not give me pardon, who else will give me pardon in the first place? No apology. But it all started during Yar’Adua’s time", Alamieyeseigha said.

He also spared a minute to talk on the forthcoming 2015 elections. The Ijaw chieftain said that come 2015, President Jonathan must seek re-election.

#Alamieyeseigha #Ribadu #Obasanjo #GoodluckJonathan #Yar'adua #Obasanjo #Bayelsa

Alamieyeseigha.jpg

Back