Sports I promise never to bite anybody again- Luiz Suarez

rsz_suarez.jpg
Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez has promised to put aside his biting controversies and never to be involved in it again.

Suarez is currently serving a four-month ban for biting Italian defender Giorgio Chellini at the 2014 World Cup tournament in Brazil.

The 27-year has been unveiled as a Barcelona player after completing a big money move from Liverpool,and speaking to the press,Suarez said that he has now moved on from his past.

“I know I must accept the reality and have apologised. That is something from the past and to be forgotten. When [bite] happened I felt very down, then saw I had to apologise. I prefer not to go back over all I have been through" he said.

"My psychologist told me to get out and offer my apologies and I did that. I now want to move on and focus on football.

"Of course I was concerned after the Chiellini incident and not just about my transfer to Barcelona, but also about my reputation as a person. But that's in the past now."

“The lesson is clear. The lesson I should take on myself. It was my mistake. But that is the past now. I say to the fans not to worry as it will not happen again” Suarez added.

The attacker joined Barcelona from Liverpool in a deal worth €88 million this summer and he is delighted to have fulfilled a lifelong dream by making the move to Camp Nou.

"I want to thank the club and all of the directors for the confidence they have had in me, and of course the coach Luis Enrique and all of the people who have supported me.

"I am looking forward to enjoying myself here and enjoying the group dynamic. I've been wanting to play for Barcelona for years and it's a dream come true to be here.

"I have been dreaming of playing for Barcelona for years. All the little boys want to achieve this. I didn't think it would ever happen, so I didn't think twice when the chance came up."

The Uruguay star made his debut in the 6-0 win over Leon on Monday, though he claims he does not consider himself the club's star signing of the summer.

"It was very exciting to make my debut. I had never played at Camp Nou before, so it was very interesting to come out and see the fans. It was unbelievable. I never imagined something beautiful like this would happen," he said.

"Am I the star signing? Stars are up in the sky. I am just here to do everything for the team. It motivates you to play alongsides big names such as Lionel Messi and Neymar, but it's about all of the players.

Suarez could make his official Barcelona debut in the Clasico against Real Madrid on October 26, the day after his suspension comes to an end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back