Politics I remain in Tukur-led PDP, says former Ekiti deputy governor

curator

Administrator
A former deputy governor in Ekiti, Dr Sikiru Lawal, has said that he remains a bona fide and committed member of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) under the leadership of Alhaji Bamanga Tukur.

Lawal, a deputy governor in former Gov. Segun Oni’s administration between 2007 and 2010, spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in a telephone interview on Thursday in Abuja.

He debunked rumours making the rounds that he was a member of the splinter People’s Democratic Party (nPDP), which fused into the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Tuesday.

"I want to make it categorically clear that I am a bona fide and strong member of the one and only authentic PDP, the largest political party in Africa.

"It is true that some people may have found their way into the nPDP and, by extension, APC.

"Those who left the PDP for APC may have their reasons for doing so, but, for me, I have no cause to want to leave the PDP,’’ Lawal said.

He added: "I want to tell and assure our teeming members and supporters that PDP remains the only true and democratic party in Nigeria.

``The party is big enough to accommodate all of us and I can assure you that it remains the party to beat in 2015."

The former deputy governor expressed confidence that the party would field the right person for the 2014 governorship election in Ekiti.

"Not only are we fielding the right person, I can also assure you that PDP will resume office as the ruling party in Ekiti on May 29, 2014," he said.

Back