Politics 'I Remain Speaker' -Tambuwal

A

abujagirl

Aminu Tambuwal, speaker of the house of representatives has said that he remained and will not be intimidated despite the withdrawal of his security detail.

According to THE SUN, speaking during a ‘Victory Colloquium’ organised for the Osun State Governor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, Tambuwal said "Since the beginning of the public drama in Abuja, I have not made any public appearance or comments on it. Now that I am here, I will take the advantage of the ceremony to thank Nigerians, lovers of democracy, our true friends, members of human rights societies and others for the support extended to me on the matter.

"Since the matter is in court, I will not say much, but I will draw public attention to what is public knowledge. Before my defection to the APC, the governor of Ondo State defected alongside with the speaker of the state legislature. I believe there was no pronouncement from the IGP to the effect that the speaker lost his seat".

Speaking on Aregbesola's victory, Tambuwal said, "Aregbesola and his party, APC, won the election because of the resolution of the people and their commitment to stand for justice.

"I commend the people of Osun for resisting those principalities; for resisting members of the Armed Forces that ordinarily should have been at Sambisa Forest at that time, but were misdirected and misapplied on the peaceful people of Osun State and they wasted our bullets; but I doff my cap for the people of Osun State.”

#Tambuwal #APC #Aregbesola #Osun #Ondo

tambuwal2.jpg

Back