Sports I See Nigeria Reaching 2018 World Cup Final - NFF's Adelabu

L

LequteMan

Adegoke Adelabu sees Nigeria reaching the final of the 2018 world cup in Russia.

Mr. Adelabu is a member of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Technical Study Group, and also a former winger for the Green Eagles.

“I don’t want to be part of those saying that the Super Eagles cannot progress beyond the group stage or second round. No, we have what it takes to be in the final and even win the World Cup trophy. Limiting our chances to the second round or the quarterfinal is like saying the Super Eagles should not go to Russia.

“We have already known our group opponents and the most important thing to do now is to work on intelligence of our players. We have to know the area of strength and weakness of our opponents. I am happy the NFF has already lined up series of friendly matches for the Super Eagles as build up to the World Cup. But it is also important for us to have in-house programmes to let our coaches understand what they should expect from the players.

"As I always say, the development of a sport is reflected in nation’s ability to modify the training, participation and competitive strategy of the athletes. We should focus on winning the World Cup and not targeting the second round or quarterfinal. I am optimistic we can win the World Cup in Russia because we have the players,”

Attachments

• mikel nigerria.jpg
    mikel nigerria.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 9
Back