Politics I want to be the Awolowo of Ekiti - Fayose - Premium Times

curator

Administrator
The governor-elect of #Ekiti State Ayodele #Fayose has pledged to be on the side of the common people of Ekiti State, saying he wants to be “the Awolowo” of the southwest state.

The late Obafemi Awolowo, the former premier of the defunct Western region, is revered among the Yoruba for his people-oriented developmental programmes.

Speaking to journalists at Spotless Hotel in Ado #Ekiti, on Sunday, Mr. Fayose who won by a landslide in Saturday’s gubernatorial election said: “I want to be the #Awolowo here. Awolowo is long dead but nobody can come out to insult him.”

While commending the other contenders in the governorship race for conceding and accepting the result of the poll, Mr. Fayose said he was now “older and wiser” and was ready to work with everybody.

“Governor Kayode #Fayemi, my brother Opeyemi #Bamidele, and others that we contested together have accepted me as the governor-elect, I want to thank them too and assure them that I would work with all of them,” he said.

“These four years would be four years for all of us in government. There will be no winner, no loser,” he added.

Click here to read more

fayose-ekiti.jpeg

Source: #PremiumTimes

Back