I want to leave for Real Madrid – Gareth Bale

C

Chris Maduewesi

There are reports that Gareth Bale has confronted Tottenham Hotspurs about a move to Spanish giants,Real Madrid.
Madrid’s interest in Bale is well documented,with the club very keen on signing the Welsh forward,but Tottenham are adamant that they are not selling him.
Spanish daily Marca, which is very close to the happenings in Real Madrid,claim that Bale met Spurs chairman Daniel Levy,about the promise made to him,that he could leave the club,if they fail to qualify for the UEFA Champions League.
Also the paper claim that Bale met Levy in London and said: Marca report that Bale met Levy for showdown talks last Wednesday in London, telling him: “You made me a promise. You promised me if we didn’t qualify for the Champions League and a good offer turned up you’d listen to it,” they quoted Bale.
“Well that offer has arrived and I want to play for Real Madrid. So keep your word and negotiate.”
“I’m not interested in Manchester United or any other club. I only want to play for Real Madrid.”
Marca earlier on this week reported that Madrid have reached an agreement with Bale in principle on a six-year deal,and have offered and opening bid of £52 million for him.
But Spurs are not playing ball at the moment and holding out for a bid over £100m for Bale.
Meanwhile manager,Villas Boas,on Friday revealed that they are looking at extending Bale’s contract further than the current one which expires in 2017.

Continue reading...

Back