Sports I was surprised the NFF appointed me to manage the Super Eagles- Amodu

Super Eagles interim coach Shuaibu Amodu has revealed that he was surprised at his appointment as the manager of the country's national team.

Amodu was last week asked by the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) to take temporal charge of the Super Eagles, after Stephen Keshi was last week relieved of his duties.

“I was actually very surprised to be named Super Eagles coach again. I was honestly not expecting it and I want to thank those that be employed me for the honour,”Amodu told Supersports.com

However he remains hopeful that he Nigeria can still scale through the remaining qualifiers and make it to the 2015 African Nations Cup.

Although Amodu acknowledged that it is a “tough and very challenging assignment” that he has been saddled with.

“We have been given an assignment that is tough and very challenging but not one that is impossible to accomplish. We will give it our very best and see how things can be turned around,"

“Let everybody involved in the game in Nigeria pull together in the right direction and then we see what we can achieve with the next two games as mandated by the NFF," he said.

Amodu.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back