Metro I Will Privatise IMSU if You Fail to Resume Work – Okorocha Threatens Staff

kemi

Social Member
Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha has threatened to employ new staff if the ones currently on strike fails to resume and concede the state-owned university to any willing investor.

imsu.jpg

Governor Okorocha who read the riot act also said that the staff should be grateful for what they earn is higher than what obtains in other state universities in the South-East geo-political zone.

While admitting that he made an earlier promise of N800 million to the school, the Governor, however, warned that the non-redemption of the promise is not enough reason to shut down the university.

He said: “Honestly, if the workers fail to call off the strike, I will hire new teachers and concede the university to any willing investor, in the interest of our children.

“I have discovered that most IMSU lecturers are not happy with the free education programme of my administration. They want it to fail. Perhaps, they want the students to pay school fees and this is not what I am prepared to accommodate.”

Back