Entertainment Ibinabo Fiberesima Says She's Sorry for Killing Dr Giwa 10 Years Ago

A

abujagirl

Ibinabo Fiberesima, Nollywood actress who is facing a 5-year jail term for manslaughter has finally spoken on her predicament.

ibinabo f.jpg

Speaking to Vanguard , Ibinabo said, "Since the incident happened, I have learnt how not to trust anybody any more. I put my trust now in the Lord. And this is better explained in the new song I recorded. The music captures my story. Emotionally, I have been drained and to some extent humiliated, even in public…I wasn’t happy that I was involved in that accident. I have said it over and over again that I’m deeply sorry that it ever happened. I don’t know how else to atone for the accident. I started begging my victim’s family from the day the accident happened.

''My family attended the funeral rites and service of songs and I even attended the 40 days prayer when I was strong enough to move about. I met with the mother and the wife of the deceased. There’s virtually nothing I didn’t do to plead with the family of the deceased to let me off the hook. I’m still pleading with them as I speak with you right now.”

“I don’t have a relationship with the family. They banned me from coming to see them. I used to visit the mother, but they warned me to stop coming to their house. So, I can only pray for them and that’s what I did always.”

Back