Sports Ibrahimovic Wins Swedish Player of The Year Award For 10th Year Running

kemi

Social Member
The Swedish FA are now planning to erect a statue in homage to the great man as he once more walked off with the Golden Ball title given to the country's best player.

ibra swede.jpg

Manchester United star Zlatan Ibrahimovic will have to make room in his trophy cabinet for yet another Swedish Player of the Year gong, as he won the award for the 10th consecutive year.

The 35 year old, who retired from international football in 2016 shortly after the Sweden team crashed out of the European Championship, was first named the nation's premier footballer in 2005.

And he has gone on to retain the title a further 10 times since then, with only Fredrik Ljungberg, in 2006, managing to break his stranglehold.

The figure is a Swedish record: and the country's FA plans to pay homage to the ex-Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus and Barcelona hitman by erecting a statue of him outside of Stockholm's Friends Arena.

"It feels unreal. Many are thinking 'Why him?' and so on, but after all the hard work over 15 years in the national team and 20 years in my club career, it feels like it's being appreciated," Ibrahimovic said as he accepted his award.

"You usually get this after you die, but I still feel alive. When I die, this (statue) will live on forever."

Back