Politics Ike Ekweremadu - IPOB, MASSOB Must Not Make May 30 Sit-At Home Order Compulsory

A

abujagirl

Ike Ekweremadu, Deputy Senate President has adviced the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) and the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) not to make the May 30 sit-at-home order compulsory.

Ike Ekweremadu.jpg

Ekweremmadu gave the advice on Sunday at an Inter-denominational church service at the Presbyterian Church of Nigeria, Abakaliki; THE CABLE reports.

Ekweremadu said, “I addressed the World Igbo Congress in Enugu and I told them that we all condemn the marginalisation of our people. We can never support it and we will continue to fight against it wherever we find ourselves.”

“It is our life… The idea of trying to force people to do your will, I don’t think it’s right. Those who want to stay at home should please stay at home but those who want to work should be allowed to go out.

“Individuals who operate private businesses and want to stay at home on that day should stay, while those who want to operate their businesses should be allowed to do so.

“I believe that civil and public workers should be ready to go to work on that day as I appeal that no group should force people to stay at home against their wishes.”

Back