Politics Ill Health? President Jonathan Postpones Meeting with G7-Governors

A

abujagirl

On Sunday,President Goodluck Jonathan postponed his Sunday meeting with the G7-governors of the Peoples' Democratic party (PDP).

According to THE PUNCH, the President postponed the meeting shortly after arrival from London, on grounds of health challenges and jet lag.

President Jonathan said,“I don’t think I will be able to hold any meeting.You know six hours’ flight is quite a distance and also following from my health challenges; but we will meet.”

On when the next meeting might hold, the President said, “I don’t know. I am just coming in. I believe within the week, we will be able to meet.

“Politics is about discussion. We belong to the same political party. Even people from different political parties engage in political discussion and you know political discussion is a continous process. So we will continue to discuss.”

However, claims have emerged that the peace meeting was postponed on the insistence of some PDP elders who were currently working out ways to expel the four suspended leaders of the new PDP; Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje, Dr. Sam Jaja, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola and Ambassador Ibrahim Kazaure. The expulsion is expected to take place on or before Friday this week.

upload_2013-11-25_5-31-44.png

Back