Metro In Lagos: Woman Stabs Husband to Death After Picking Call From "Girlfriend"

L

LequteMan

Folashade Idoko has been arrested after stabbing her husband, Lawrence, to death after he allegedly received a telephone call from a suspected female lover.

The incident happened at their home in Ayetoro, Oto-Awori area of Lagos state around 11pm on Sunday night.

According to reports, Folashade and Lawrence have been married for four years and usually engage in intense fights.

The couple has two kids – a three-year-old boy and a one-year-old girl – together.

idokos.PNG

Lawrence, an engineer with Greater Inspection and Industrial Services, at Sango Ota, Ogun State, returned home that day after a week-long official duty in the Ikorodu area. On his return, Folashade, an auxiliary nurse, accused him of engaging in an extra-marital affair and an argument ensued.

In a fit of anger, she reportedly grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed her husband in the leg. The man lost a lot of blood and he was rushed to the New Ayetoro Medical Centre, where he died.

A neighbour of the couple, who did not identify herself, said they always fought and reconciled.

“I heard her calling for help late Sunday night. Their son was also crying. When I got there, I saw the man in a pool of blood. My husband and I took the man to a hospital. While he was there, I went back to their house to check what really happened. Their apartment was filled with blood. I later saw a bloodstained knife, which I supposed she used in stabbing him.

“They usually fight and settle and that is why people don’t interfere in their disagreements. Their fights always bothered on infidelity. The fight of yesterday (Sunday) was caused by the issue of girlfriend. She said the man was calling his girlfriend.

“She collected the phone from him and started abusing the person on the phone without even checking who she was talking to. They started abusing each other and went physical.”

Another neighbor, Mrs. Blessing Olokpobri, said Folashade was aggressive and violent, and people always tried to avoid having issues with her.

She said, “There was hardly a day they didn’t fight if the husband was at home. On January 1 this year when everybody was celebrating the New Year, they fought. There was a time she went to meet him at a beer parlour. She dragged and stripped him. There was even a time she sliced his ear lobes with a broken bottle and it had to be stitched.”

The landlord, Chief Gani Akanni, the Balogun of Ayetoro, said he served the couple a notice to quit in December 2016, after he tried in vain to stop their incessant fights.

Back