Politics INEC's Dirty Linen: Ngige Reveals How the Election was Rigged

Vunderkind

Social Member
More ugly details about the Anambra election held last Saturday continue to reveal themselves as Dr. Chris Ngige, who previously described the election as a charade, has come out once more to say he has a tape recording showing policemen thumbprinting for APGA and INEC officials making away with voting materials.

He also said that INEC, instead of using Youth corpers of the NYSC for conducting the election, used students and made sure the election materials were insufficient.

Chris Ngige added that all the electoral officers had been compromised, and cited the example of Idemili North where the officials had clearly acted on orders from INEC and APGA.

“Students of Nnamdi Azikiwe University in Awka here were used as poll clerks just to find fault in APC and to favour their lecturer, Dr. Nkem Okeke, who ran as deputy to the APGA candidate in the election.

“Much more astonishing is that they wore NYSC uniforms because of the election and when they are taught how to perfect fraud, somebody will tell Nigerians that this country will be good. This is the disposition of the personnel that came to work in the election.”

Ngige has challenged the INEC chairman, Jega to pull out the list of the ad hoc staff used during the Anambra election for the benefit of the public.

“I do not want anybody to favour me or my party APC. Apart from the people from Calabar, every other person that worked during the election had affiliation with APGA.”

According to APC's calculations, more than 600,000 registered voters from Anambra had been denied their voting rights, and he added that the 210 units currently allocated for the 'so-called' supplementary elections were not enough.

He added that INEC's claim that there were only 16 loval government areas where the elections were cancelled was a lie. APC, according to Ngige, knows 20 local governments where elections were never conducted.

He continued by adding: “INEC on Sunday came up with what it called supplementary election. The votes allocated to APC during the so-called election on Sunday were fake because we did not participate...Our stand is clear. The election was fraught with intimidation, with thuggery, with disenfranchisement of our voters and total partisanship by the electoral body...if it were a bazaar, it would have been a different thing and APC would have prepared for it, but we were told by INEC and the President of this country, Goodluck Jonathan, that it would be free, fair and credible. But it was not the case. Because they told us that they were ready for the election, that was why we conformed to it because we thought that those errors and mistakes had been corrected in the voter register, without knowing that it was a deceit.”

For Ngige, history repeats itself and sadly nothing ever changes: “The election was a systematic way to deal with the opposition parties in this state, especially APC, and the same thing happened in 2011 during my senatorial election.”

Who does Ngige blame for this? Everyone, actually, but mostly the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Prof. Chukwuemeka Onukaogu. Ngige accuses him of implementing “the same tricks he used in 2011 by adopting his APGA system to dislodge Ngige and APC.”

Chris Ngige believes that the election was flawed from the beginning.

Ngige said that he was disappointed that Jega, whom he had hitherto considered a man of honor and integrity, can sit back and allow his office be dragged in this embarrassment by people without honor.

Ngige said he is injured and pained by Jega's complacency, and he expressed great disappointment and sadness for Nigeria.

“I am sad for my country. I have lost hope in the entire process. People’s hopes are being dashed. I’m not desperate to become a governor. I have been there before now. The people of the state have lost hope in INEC."

Ngige describes the Anambra elections as a 'disaster.'
download (2).jpg

Back