International Women’s Day: 15 Powerful Quotes From Lady Bosses

A

abujagirl

The theme for the 2017 International Women’s Day is ‘’Be Bold For Change’’. Although, women are constantly conquering and expanding frontiers, the battle for gender equality is a long way from over. Women still earn less than their male counterparts and still have fewer opportunities.

#InternationalWomensDa.png

Some women have however being able to scale through and break some major barriers. In commemoration of the International Working Women’s Day 2017, here are a few quotes from influential women all over the world:

Tara Fela -Durotoye – House of Tara

“Invest in your idea, be the first to take the courage. If you have so much faith in it, you must have enough faith in it to put all your effort in it. It will encourage others to do so.”

Sheryl Sandberg – Facebook COO

‘’This is important for everyone and especially for women. Don’t let anyone tell you you can’t have both a meaningful professional career and a fulfilling personal life. When you hear someone say you can’t do something, know that you can and start figuring out how. Ask yourself, ‘What would I do if I weren’t afraid?’’

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

‘’ When women get top posts, even in developed countries, people somehow think they have too much power. You will be judged more harshly, and people expect more of you as a woman. So it’s not easy, but does that mean that you should shy away from doing those tough things if the opportunity comes? The answer is no. But you have to be wise about it, you have to have principles.’’

Rebecca Enonchong – Apps Tech

"Work hard, think big and never give up. When you do experience success, stay humble. Success is not linear; you will experience ups and downs. Humility helps keep it all in perspective."

Naomi Wolf – American author

"For I conclude that the enemy is not lipstick, but guilt itself; we deserve lipstick, if we want it, AND free speech; we deserve to be sexual AND serious - or whatever we please. We are entitled to wear cowboy boots to our own revolution."

Mary Kom –Olympic Boxer

"Don't let anyone tell you you're weak because you're a woman."

Michelle Obama – Former US First Lady

"There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish."

Ibukun Awosika – Chairman First Bank of Nigeria

‘’The life partner you choose is extremely important. I think these days young women get carried away by how handsome or rich a man is and money shouldn’t be a measurement when choosing a husband.I think that before picking a husband, you have to know yourself first. Women need to realize that they come first and should spend more time nurturing their vision and ambitions. ‘’

Meg Whitman –Hewlett Packard Enterprise CEO

‘’Remember that you can do anything you want to do. Don’t let anyone say, ‘You’re not smart enough… it’s too hard… it’s a dumb idea…no one has done that before…girls don’t do that.’ My mom gave me that advice in 1973. And it allowed me to never worry about what others were saying about my career direction.’’

Mary Barra - General Motors CEO/Chairman

‘’ Wherever you are in your career — your first position, or a manager, or even an executive — you have to be ready to stand up for yourself. But, it should be done in a firm but respectful way. Always remember, respect is earned. Learning to read the situation is also important. Most of all, never waver on integrity. If someone calls you bossy because you didn’t let them push you around, so be it.’’

Patti Stanger - Founder of Millionaires Club International

"The secret to being a successful woman in today's market is to walk to the beat of your own drum, listen to your intuition, and always follow through. If you plan on taking on a partner, follow the three C's rule, which also applies to finding a mate: communication, compatibility, and chemistry...for without that, your venture won't succeed."

Maya Angelou -Legendary writer

‘’I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass’’

Beyoncé Knowles Carter – Award Winner Musician

“Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.”

Madonna – Award Winner Artiste

"I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay."

Hillary Clinton – US Presidential Candidate

"Human rights are women's rights and women's rights are human rights, once and for all."

Ladies, step up to be counted.... #BeBoldForChange .

Hmm... I am sure we could have found more Nigerians to add to the list!!
4 out of 15 ..... it's International women's day. Besides, we didn't want quotes like ''I still cook for my husband'' or ''it's all God''

Back