Business Is Nairametrics Right About Dangote's Move On Etisalat Nigeria?

I have just had a look at one of my favourite Nigerian sites, Nairametrics. The outstanding headline for me was: This why some people think Dangote is about to buy Etisalat.

A quick look at the previous appointments of the newly 'minted' board of Etisalat Nigeria could be a pointer to a takeover by none other than Aliko Dangote.

In particular, there is a connection between two key officers and the Dangote empire: Mrs. Funke Ighodaro (new CFO) formerly of Tiger Brands and Boye Olusanya (new CEO) formerly of Dangote Industries Limited.

After reading the short piece, it might be odds-on that the network might soon fall under the control of the man himself.

Nairametrics on the new CEO:

Mr Olunsanya was before now the “Chief Business Transformation Officer” Dangote Industries Limited, responsible for management of all enterprise-wide projects in the Group. He was also MD at Dancom Technologies Limited with responsibility for managing all the telecom assets and the IT Infrastructure.
and concludes

How come a CEO of a company owned by Dangote is on now the CEO of Etisalat? What is the connection? Is this a coincidence?
What do you think?

Click here for the Nairametrics article

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
[2165]
M

mrsam

Dangote is an excellent businessman. As far as Etisalat provides excellent services for its customers, should we really be concerned about who owns it?

curator

curator

Administrator
Curators
Dangote is an excellent businessman. As far as Etisalat provides excellent services for its customers, should we really be concerned about who owns it?
I am not sure the ownership is of concern but everything needs to be done in a transparent manner. That is what we should be concerned with.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.