Business Is Nairametrics Right About Dangote's Move On Etisalat Nigeria?

siteadmin

Administrator
I have just had a look at one of my favourite Nigerian sites, Nairametrics. The outstanding headline for me was: This why some people think Dangote is about to buy Etisalat.

A quick look at the previous appointments of the newly 'minted' board of Etisalat Nigeria could be a pointer to a takeover by none other than Aliko Dangote.

In particular, there is a connection between two key officers and the Dangote empire: Mrs. Funke Ighodaro (new CFO) formerly of Tiger Brands and Boye Olusanya (new CEO) formerly of Dangote Industries Limited.

After reading the short piece, it might be odds-on that the network might soon fall under the control of the man himself.

Nairametrics on the new CEO:

Mr Olunsanya was before now the “Chief Business Transformation Officer” Dangote Industries Limited, responsible for management of all enterprise-wide projects in the Group. He was also MD at Dancom Technologies Limited with responsibility for managing all the telecom assets and the IT Infrastructure.

and concludes

How come a CEO of a company owned by Dangote is on now the CEO of Etisalat? What is the connection? Is this a coincidence?

What do you think?

Click here for the Nairametrics article

Attachments

• dangite1.jpg
    dangite1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
Dangote is an excellent businessman. As far as Etisalat provides excellent services for its customers, should we really be concerned about who owns it?
I am not sure the ownership is of concern but everything needs to be done in a transparent manner. That is what we should be concerned with.

Back