Sports It is not easy coaching Manchester United - Van Gaal

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has revealed that he would have taken Tottenham's offer if he was looking for a more easier job than his present job.

Van Gaal was believed to be in pole position to succeed Tim Sherwood before the United offer came and he agreed to take up the task at Old Trafford.

Since assuming as the manager of the side, Van Gaal has not been able to transform the club,failing to win any of his first four matches in charge.

But Van Gaal is upbeat,insisting that he has no regrets about turning down Spurs to join United, even though he thinks he has given himself a harder task.

“No, I don’t regret taking this job,” he told reporters. “Yes, it is a massive job I have taken on at Manchester United. I realise that. And the situation is not worse than I thought - I knew what I would find on my plate.

“I could have opted for an easier job. If I had gone to Tottenham, the job would not have been as enormous as here at United.

“I could have easily gone to Spurs. But I chose the biggest challenge of all the jobs in football. And I really wanted to join the number one club in the country, not Tottenham.

“Financially, Tottenham was kind of as attractive as Man United. But, in my eyes, Man United is still the number one club in England, Tottenham really is not.”

United have spent over €125 million to bring Angel Di Maria, Radamel Falcao, Marcos Rojo and Daley Blind to Old Trafford as Van Gaal attempts to build a squad capable of breaking back into the top four.

Attachments

• Van Gaal2.gif
    Van Gaal2.gif
    108.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
Back