Politics It is Not Yet Time for Power to Return to the North - Onoja

Vunderkind

Social Member
Onoja.jpg

Major General Lawrence Onoja, former military governor of Plateau and Katsina, who was also Principal Staff officer to General Sanni Abacha is currently the president of the Alunmi Association of the National Institute. He is also chairman of the Strategic Mobilization Committee of the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF).

He recently granted an interview to the Vanguard Newspaper, discussion issues bordering on the upcoming presidential elections (2015), the shift of power within regions and parties and the Middle-Belt’s position.

Excerpts from the interview are below:

“I want to let you know categorically here that it is not yet time for power to shift to the North. Mr. President has not done his second term.

All the other Presidents were given opportunity to do their second terms and Mr. President by virtue of the fact that he is a minority like me, it would be unfair and injustice to stop him from doing his second term. If he finishes his second term in 2019, then other areas or blocks can now begin to agitate for power shift. I think it is only fair to allow Mr. President do his second term. I believe Mr. President is doing well. This is my own opinion. Anybody has right to express his or her own opinion.

I believe Mr. President is doing well. Look at the situation, those who have been there before what is extra ordinary in their performance that Mr. President has not done. The President is rehabilitating the railway system which everybody is yearning for and they are very grateful. The power situation has improved. Look at the steps he took to restore security in some parts of the North.”

Back