Sports It's Not Easy To Score – Mikel Speaks on Goal Against Algeria

kemi

Social Member
Super Eagles captain, John Obi Mikel is one player who rarely finds the net during games. This notion is gradually waning following his thirst for goals while playing for the national team.

mikel scores nig.jpg

Last Saturday, during the match against Algeria in Uyo, the Chelsea midfielder found himself netting Nigeria’s second goal. But that goal was not without its share of drama.

A shot into the vital area of Algeria was poorly cleared by the visitors defence line and it fell on the path of the Nigerian captain.

He picked the ball, looked left, looked right to see whether the assistant referee’s flag was down. The stands quaked as the fans urged him to shoot. When he realised he was not offside he fired home Nigeria’s second goal.

Captain Mikel Relaying how he scored the goal at the post match briefing, Mike said, “it is not easy to score goals. When this chance came, I saw the goalkeeper on the left side of the post then I fired to the right. I was excited when I saw that I was not offside.”

On his Chelsea career, the former Plateau United Football Club of Jos player said after spending 11 years at Stamford Bridge, it was time he looked at other available options.

Back