Politics James Ibori Asks South-south Governors To Unite

P

ProfRem

Former Delta state governor, Chief James Ibori, on Saturday said there is need for governors in the South- South region to come together and work for the common goal and development of the region.

He made the appeal when he received Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state who led a powerful delegation on a courtesy visit to Ibori in his hometown of Oghara, Delta state.

Ibori, who expressed great delight at the level of friendship and unity between Wike and his state governor, Ifeanyi Okowa urged the two governors to extend same fellowship to other governors in the South- South region.

“I want to commend the Governor of Rivers state for his vision and for the cooperation, collaboration and friendship that he has developed and is growing between him and my Governor, Senator Okowa. I commend the spirit because that alone sends the signal of unity and a common purpose of our state and our people.

wik.JPG

“I will like to add that both Governor Wike and my governor should continue and extend that to all the other states of the South-south geo-political zone. At the end of the day, we need to be united to be able to serve our people better".

Back