Politics Jonathan budgets millions for non-existing aircraft, boats in foreign embassies- Premium Times

L

LequteMan

n what clearly appears a ploy by officials to brazenly steal public funds, the Federal Government is asking the National Assembly to approve about N30million which it purportedly plans to spend on fueling aircraft and boats owned by Nigerian embassies abroad.

The fraudulent request is coming when government officials know that none of Nigeria’s foreign mission owns a plane or boat.

Details of the 2014 Federal Budget presented last week by the Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, to the National Assembly on behalf of President Goodluck Jonathan, revealed that the foreign affairs ministry is asking for about N30million to cater for these phantom expenditures.

Click source to see more: Premium Times

goodluck jonathan thinking.png

Not sure I believe these stories any more. It is the job of the National Assembly to scrutinize the budget. I think we have to take some care with some of the headlines. This sort of sum can easily be hidden in areas which the executive does not have to account for just as many governors hide things under security vote.

Budget still has to be defended so this is a bit premature,

@[USERGROUP=4]Senior Member[/USERGROUP]

Premium Times!!!..... i have no comment until a grab a copy of the 2014 budget

Back