Politics Jonathan Explains Why He Never Declared His Assets - “I don’t give a damn about it''

A

abujagirl

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has explained why he never declared his asset during his time in office.

goodluck jonathan.jpg

Jonathan's disclosure is contained said in a book titled ‘Against the run of play’ written by Segun Adeniyi.

Jonathan said: “It is not the President declaring his assets that will end Boko Haram and whether I am criticised from head to toe I will not declare my assets publicly; it is not right; I did not even want to declare my assets as VP but was forced by the then President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.

“The law is clear. A public officer should declare his asset, and if there are issues, then the relevant agencies would have a basis to assess whether you have amassed wealth or not.”

“I don’t give a damn about it. The law is clear about it and so, making it public is not issue and I will not play into the hands of people. I have nothing to hide.

“I declared under Yar Ádua because he did it, but it is not proper; it is not the president declaring assets that will change the country,” he insisted.

Corruption is not about stealing money alone, corruption actually start from non compliance with policies & procedures. All these have corrupted GEJ decision mode, even the way he talks till date.

Back