Politics Jonathan Reveals Real Reasons Why He Sacked Farida Waziri As EFCC Boss

P

ProfRem

Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has said he is proud to have been the President under whom Nigeria made her best improvement in the Corruption Perception Index of Transparency International.

Former Special Assistant on New Media, Reno Omokri stated this a statement issued on behalf of Jonathan on Monday.

The statement was in response to claims by former Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) boss, Farida Waziri, in which she said at an interactive session in Lagos that she will kneel down to thank former President Goodluck Jonathan for sacking her as the commission’s boss.

However, Jonathan said that Farida Waziri has a history of badmouthing former Presidents to enter the good books of the incumbent President.

He said: “My attention has been drawn to comments made by Farida Waziri to the effect that she was removed as Chairperson of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission because of a particular case she was handling.

“Mrs Waziri also said that she received a call from Aso Rock over this case which instructed her to drop her investigations.

“It is understandable that when there is a new government in power, people would want to ingratiate themselves to the new administration and one of the easiest ways to do this is by demonizing the previous government.

“That Mrs Farida Waziri has a history of telling lies against former Presidents in order to ingratiate herself to the serving President is an established fact and old habits die hard.

“I never called Farida Waziri from the Aso Rock Presidential Villa or any State House at any given time, neither did he ask her to drop or take up any investigation.

“Let it be known that there is no statute of limitations on corruption cases and if Mrs Farida Waziri has any evidence that she was asked to drop any cases of corruption, she is challenged to show proof of such.

“I fired Mrs Farida Waziri for reasons he would choose not to disclose publicly for now, but Nigerians may want to remember that Nigeria continued to sink in Transparency International’s annual Corruption Perception Index during Mrs Waziri’s tenure at the EFCC.

“Things got so bad at her last year at the EFCC (2011) that we moved from 134 in 2010 to 143 in 2011 which represented a backward movement of 9 points. Which God-fearing leader would leave a person responsible for such retrogression as the head of a sensitive institution as the EFCC.

“I am proud to have been the President under whom Nigeria made her best improvement in the Corruption Perception Index of Transparency International. That is a fact. And so he is not concerned about the opinion of Farida Waziri or other persons as opinions cannot overthrow facts.”

Attachments

• GEJMood.jpe
    GEJMood.jpe
    6.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
Back