Sports Jordan Ibe Finally Reveals Why He Prefers England Over Nigeria

Super Eagles target, Jordon Ibe, has disclosed that he don't regret dumping Nigeria for England, saying it's “the right choice”.
Jordan Ibe.jpg

The Liverpool forward was approached before the start of the season by Nigeria's national team coach, Sunday Oliseh due to his eligibility to play for Nigeria or England, but the 19-year old said his allegiance is with the Three Lions of England.

“It was my choice and it feels the right choice for me,” he told Liverpoolfc.com.

“I was born here and have played in the younger age groups. I want to take it up to the first team one day.”

Ibe has been favoured by Raheem Sterling's move to Manchester City as he has featured in all five of the Reds’ Barclays Premier League games so far this season as he continues to establish himself at Anfield.

And he started twice for England’s U21s at the beginning of September, in successive 1-0 victories, alongside club colleague Joe Gomez.

“It was great and I enjoyed myself,” said the 19-year-old. “I felt as though Joe and I did well. It was a great experience and I’m looking forward to the coming games.

“You want to represent your country well. Even at times when you’ve not got games for Liverpool, doing well with England is vital.”

Back