Sports Jose Mourinho Vs Arsene Wenger - What Really Happened

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has defended his actions with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger in their row at the touchline when both teams clashed at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

The scene of Mourinho and Wenger shoving each other was one of the spectacles to behold in Chelsea's 2-0 win over Arsenal.

There is no love lost between both coaches who have had a raging battle right from Mourinho's first stint at Chelsea.

A Gary Cahill's dangerous lunge on Alexis Sanchez sparked off a row between Mourinho and Wenger,in what almost turned into a melee.

Speaking on what transpired between him and Wenger in the game,Mourinho said: "For me, it is over. But the technical area is very clear - I have mine, he has his and he cannot come to mine, especially to put pressure on the referee to give a red card to my player.

"So I just told him 'leave my technical area and don't come back please'."

And Mourinho insisted that he has no problem with Wenger pushing him: "No, it is no problem,"but insisted that three Arsenal players should have been sent off.

"I think the referee, from a technical point of view, had a fantastic performance in a difficult, technical, fast match with lots of runs behind - also the linesmen had a difficult game and I think they did a fantastic job.

"But Arsenal could have finished with eight men, because it is a red card for Koscielny, it is a double yellow card for Chambers in the first half, and clear was a red card for Welbeck.

Wenger on his plan defended why he encroached into Mourinho's technical area insisting that he has no regrets for his actions.

There is "nothing to regret", Wenger said: “I wanted to go from A to B and somebody stopped me in between.

"The B was to see how badly Sanchez was injured."

For the umpteenth time,Wenger failed to get the better of Mourinho,and has now not won any of their 12 meetings.

LMK-029168.jpg

I saw the match yesterday and it was quite glaring that Mourinho has a lot of psychological advantage over Wenger... It was surprising but the Arsenal fans I was with were hoping for a draw at best. It was a very rough game i must say... Lots of hard tackles

I saw the match yesterday and it was quite glaring that Mourinho has a lot of psychological advantage over Wenger... It was surprising but the Arsenal fans I was with were hoping for a draw at best. It was a very rough game i must say... Lots of hard tackles
For the first time I felt Jose Mourinho looked smaller.....maybe they should have been thrown into a ring....lolz

Back