Sports Jose Mourinho's Comments After Man Utd's 4 - 0 Defeat by Chelsea

L

LequteMan

Manchester United were on Sunday molested at the Stamford Bridge, shipping in 4 goals in 90 minutes.

Chelsea scored two goals in both halves to claim all the points.

Speaking to BT Sports after the game, Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho said:

"It started badly after a few seconds. We are close to the 1-1 and after another defensive mistake and it is 2-1.

"You come with a strategy, you can not concede a goal in the way we did.

"We were coming to have an offensive approach, we wanted to create chances, we showed that after the 1-0. The second and the third were counter-attack goals. If we score a goal like we almost did for the 2-1 the game would be different.

"It is one of those days when you give the advantage to opponents by doing nothing.

"We made incredible defensive mistakes, individual mistakes and you pay for that.

"In terms of points, we got zero points, we lose three points. We are six points from the top, three from the top four, we now need to win matches. We need to win our matches now, which are not easy, we need to win to close that gap, after these last three matches, we made two out of nine, we now need points.

"It was fine, I was not expecting anything different here. The crowd behaved in a normal way. My words were with Antonio Conte were for him, not for you."

Speaking to BBC Sport, he said: "The team played well, if we can delete the defensive mistakes we made. Thibaut Courtois had more work than De Gea, their defenders had more work than my defenders. They are very dangerous in counter-attack, we knew that. I said if we score at the 2-1 game is different, that was not for us and they scored the third and fourth.

"When mistakes are individual it is hard for the manager and the players, they know the mistakes that were made.

"Football matches start at 0-0, this match started 1-0. It is like giving Chelsea chance to play how they want. Everything went in their direction.

"I was focused on the game, calm with a bit of adrenaline, I didn't feel it different to any other big matches."

Attachments

• mourinho chelsea.jpg
    mourinho chelsea.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
Back